What’s the CRHISM ?
Director and contacts: Pr Nicolas MARTY
Secretary: phone: 33 (0)68 66 21 55 / courriel : email@example.com
Site : https://crhism.wordpress.com
Research topics History, Arts and Heritage of Mediterranean societies
The works led within the Unit of Research all deal with the theme « History, Arts and Heritage of Mediterranean societies. » In particular, they aim to capture the dynamics of a space, the western Mediterranean, through a multidisciplinary approach combining history, art history and archeology. At the heart of the Centre of problems are mobility issues, trade, traffic and transportation in a context of boundaries and in a world of both land and sea. This is a set of structural elements that cross the lines around which all orientations are divided for the CRHiSM Research.
The researches made in the CRHiSM get organized around the general theme » History, Arts and Heritage of the Mediterranean societies ». They have more particularly for objective to seize the dynamics of a space, the western Mediterranean area, through a multidisciplinary approach associating history, art history and archaeology. The questions of mobility, exchanges, circulation and transferts, in a context of borders and in an at once ground and maritime world, are central.
Themes and research teams
Three research topics, about the Mediterranean Societies History have been identified (2011-2014 program). They are complementary, each one constituting a methodological time for an historical approach that we endeavour to develop and which aims to examine the occidental Mediterranean world over a long period (from the Antiquity to the contemporary time), and this, through the entire corpus of available documentary.
Axis 1. Production, exchanges, mobilities
– From the production to consumption: economic actors and institutions; territorial dynamics of the development
– Migrations and mobilities: commercial networks, trade exchanges; mobilities of populations
– Historic Landscapes: history and archaeology of the populating, the housing environment, the resources
– Archaeology and heritage of places of production, marketing and storage
Axis 2. Arts, heritages, representation
– Social History of art: crafts and artistic; social status of the artist
– Creation, reception and transfer of models in the plastic arts and the architecture
– Hispanic Art history: historiography, identities and cosmopolitanism in the art roussillonnais
– Iconographic Analysis and social representation: iconography and film speech
Axis 3. Standards and transgressions in the Mediterranean societies
– Social construction standards in areas affected by the regions of written law
– breaks the rules, violence and its representations
– Internment and exiles
Training and formation
History, Art history
Doctoral School 544 « Inter Med », Spatial dynamics and development, cross-border and inter-cultural
International and European projects
The CRHiSM is partner to several programs and European and national projects:
-Partner of the Research Group about the French companies during the Occupation (GDR 2532)
-Secondary coordinator of the White Program of the Packaging and Food Packaging. So, the CRHiSM is associated with an European research group: EWOL European ways of Life in ‘the American Century’: Mediating Consumption and Technology in the Twentieth Century, Collaborative Research Project (CRP) in the framework of the European Science Foundation’s (ESF) EUROCORES program Inventing Europe.
-Coordinator of a PPF project: Dictionary of the employers and the French employers 1880-2000, directed by Jean-Claude Daumas and the MSH Nicolas Ledoux (Besançon)
-Partner of RESOPYR III
-Partner of the PPF “The Tautavel Man and his territories: from the deep past to the today’s planning”
-Partner of a SUDOE program: Universidad Red Sudoe project, under the INTERREG IV B European territorial cooperation program, European South West operational program